Dr. M. Stephen EndersResearch Professor
Office Phone: (303) 273-3963, Office:BB 221, @: firstname.lastname@example.org
B.Sc. in geological engineering from the Colorado School of Mines (1976)
M.Sc. in geological engineering from the University of Arizona (1981)
Ph.D. in geosciences from the University of Arizona (2000).
Certificate in Executive Leadership, Daniels College of Business, University of Denver (2005).
Dr. Enders has held a wide variety of positions in the mining industry over the last 34 years including:
- Exploration, development and operations in the uranium, gold and copper businesses.
- Steve has been the head of worldwide exploration for two of the world’s largest mining companies as President of Phelps Dodge Exploration Corp and most recently as Senior Vice President for Newmont.
- He is currently the Principal Consultant for Renaissance Resource Partners providing strategic advice from discovery through closure for the mining industry, and on economic geology and mining engineering programs for universities worldwide.
- In this role, he is Executive Chairman of Eurasian Minerals Inc., a co-founder and Director of Cupric Canyon Capital, LLC, and Vice-Chairman of the Board for the Lowell Institute for Mineral Resources and an Adjunct Professor at the University of Arizona.
- Steve is a Research Professor in the Mining Engineering Department and the Director of the Center for Innovation in Earth Resources Science & Engineering at the Colorado School of Mines.
- Steve is the 2011 President for the Society of Economic Geologists.
AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
- DISTINGUISHED ACHIEVEMENT MEDAL, 2009, Colorado School of Mines
- SEG HONORARY LECTURER, 2008 to present, Society of Economic Geologists
- SEG INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE LECTURER; 2007, Society of Economic Geologists
- SME HENRY KRUMB LECTURER, 2004, Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration
- MONTGOMERY AWARD OF EXCELLENCE, 2000, Dept. of Geosciences, University of Arizona
- MAXWELL N. SHORT SCHOLARSHIP, 1998, Dept. of Geosciences, University of Arizona
- PHELPS DODGE MINING COMPANY, paid educational leave of absence, 1996-1997